Telehealth – Your Virtual Chiropractor
Keystone Chiropractic and Neuroplasticity is currently booking Telehealth appointments for new and existing patients.
While there is no complete substitute for an in-person visit, research has shown that motivated patients seen virtually through a video-conferencing appointment can get good outcomes through a home-based rehabilitation program. During times of social-distancing, Telehealth is a critical tool to help patients perform rehab and self-care at home under our supervision.
Who Can Benefit From Telehealth?
- Patients outside of Palm Beach County with no access to physical or neurorehabilitation practitioners
- Patients who have great difficulty traveling because of pain or disability
- New mom trying to manage a schedule around children
- Workaholics who can’t make it out of the office during our normal office hours.
What Services Are Available by Telehealth?
Many physical and brain-based therapies can be performed safely on yourself with a watchful eye and a little bit of guidance. This includes:
- Self-delivered manual therapies
- Strengthening exercises
- Eye-movement therapies
- Vestibular exercises
- Mindfulness/Meditation/Breath training
- Apps for brain training therapies
- Hand-Eye Coordination Training
What Conditions Respond to Telehealth:
- Persistent Post-Concussion Symptoms
- Dizziness/Vertigo/Vestibular Disorders
- Cervicogenic headache
- Neck/Back pain
- Postural Issues
How to Get Started
- Call for an initial assessment/consultation: 561.247.0044. *A deposit will be requested to reserve an appointment time, but it will be refunded to you if we see that you will not benefit from Telehealth appointments.
- Complete your intake forms. We will email them to you as soon as your appointment is booked and it is critical that they are filled out before your appointment.
- A link to a Zoom conference call will be sent to your email. You can use Zoom through a Desktop, Laptop, Smart Phone, or Ipad. Just make sure that there’s a camera and high-speed internet available. If you are using a computer, make sure that you are using Chrome, Safari, or Firefox for your browser.
- Have a clean area with some space to move around. Try to keep your space quiet and free of distractions.
- Login to the meeting room a few minutes early and make sure that your audio and video are working before hand.
- During your appointment, your doctor will give you therapy recommendations that will be sent to you via email for follow up. Your schedule of visits will be dependent on your goals and the frequency necessary to hit your goals based on your condition.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
Do you take insurance?
Keystone Chiropractic and Neuroplasticity is an out-of-network provider for all of our services. While your insurance may cover visits, our practice does not perform any billing and payment is made directly to our office. We do provide any necessary documents and receipts to submit to your insurance company for potential reimbursement.
How much does it cost?
Telehealth visits are scheduled in 15-minute blocks of time. Each 15 minute block is billed at $50. Some patients may need 30-minute sessions, but that is something that will be discussed with you by the doctor during the initial consultation.
Do I need any equipment?
Our rehab strategies try to minimize how much equipment is necessary and most physical rehab can be done performed on household items. Some tools that are commonly useful include:
- Brain training apps
- Exercise bands
- Small dumbbells
- Exercise mat
- Therapy balls
How Do I know if this is right for me?
While we believe we can help most people if they are motivated to perform active care at home, some patients are less likely to respond without some of the tools and diagnostics that we use in-office. If we feel that you are one of the people in this situation, we will refund you for the visit.